Another day in paradise..

Roopa Aragolam's blogosphere..

Monday, August 27, 2007

Avva..

..is used to address our maternal grandma as .Even in her early 70s,she was unbelievably
strong-willed and young at heart.Any new advertisement she would spot on TV for a
new soap,she would want to try it immediately . Though there were small shops nearby, she would want to go the big shops in the shopping area of malleshwaram about 3 kms away from our house.Both of us, she about 72, and I about 12 would walk all the way there holding hands. After buying the soap, she would get me 'yummies' and 'kulfi' .

I cant remember the number of times I have gone on such shopping trips with her. For all I know, she could have been the first customer for some of the products.

I particularly remember the later years when she would tug at my hand little harder. On the way back, she would say that she is too tired to walk back and would want to sit on the footpath. I would goad her to walk on, saying that people would laugh at us if we sit on the footpath.
I guess I was too young to realise that my grandma was growing old.

How I wish I could go back in time, to make her feel comfortable, and to provide her with all the luxuries possible. I miss those little shopping trips. And I miss her..

0 Comments: