Another day in paradise..

Roopa Aragolam's blogosphere..

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Shift...


In those days, I used to travel a lot between Hyderabad and Bangalore.Initially by train and then mostly by buses. The train from Hyderabad leaves at 7:00 in the evening. I would keep looking out of the window until it became dark,read a book until I felt hungry,eat and then read again until I felt sleepy. After a good night's sleep, I would get up to a beautilful morning and keep looking out of the window until I reached Bangalore by about 7:00.
I so loved those train journeys. And I loved the lower berth seats in the passage with its big windows. That is, until that night- the night when I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a hand placed on my bottom. I got up, looked around to see all darkness around and every one in the adjacent compartment sleeping. My scream must not have been loud enough.I was then awake for a long time till finally sleep took over me. The same thing happened yet again. The same person had come back and tried to place his hand on me again. I could not sleep thereafter. That's when I decided never to take passage seats again. Or to switch to the buses.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

    • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous CP said…

      they try to steal from open windows at night. turned out to be a nasty exp for you. very bad.
      at night, usually ppl keep the windows closed, having the compartment doors open for air.

       
    • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Shankar said…

      True story or "rail" biDthayidhya?

       
    • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Roopa said…

      nine irbodu ansatte adu

       
    • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Akshatha Kamath said…

      Similar experiece with me when I was travelling alone to Bangalore during night. I was so angry, I just told him "matte muttidre kocchi haktheeni", that guy apologised and started crying. The sad part is, these are the educated civilised men!!! Whole night, I was awake like an owl. Never after that I slept during night jouneys and I always keep some sharp objects like big safety pin if travelling alone is inevitable :o|

       
    • At 10:41 PM, Blogger sumanth said…

      oops I never traveled in a train

       
    • At 6:41 AM, Anonymous vivek rao said…

      from ur orkut profile, looks u r an adventure gal, in that case u should never fear, it is said that"in a mind where there is no fear, even the feierce tiger claws find no room" , so be bold, dont fear.

       
    • Post a Comment